Native American Personal and
Family Health Care Web Tour
Important trends are online medical diagnosis assistance
services, online support groups, and discount drug purchasing.
Spend just three minutes at each site to appreciate the volume and quality
of what's available, and then return to your favorite sites later for more in-depth exploration.
- U. S. Indian Health Service
Master listings of federal Indian health
resources. Check out their resources
- U.S. Indian Health Service Native Health Research Database
http://hsc.unm.edu/nhrd from the Indian Health Service
Check out their 'other links' http://hsc.unm.edu/nhrd/pglinks.html
- Association of American Indian Physicians
Many good resources on Native American health! Traditional medicine
resources and a new fitness and nutrition section!
- American Indian/Alaska Native Health Resource Sampler
Compiled by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific
Northwest staff, this site has excellent annotations for people seeking
medical information (both traditional and western), as well as more
general cultural links. Brief guides are available for using the databases that
- National Library of Medicine Listing of Native American Health Resources
Tribal Connections in the Pacific Northwest: Connecting
American Indian/Alaska Native Communities to Health Resources
on the Internet. Grants and funding resources!
- National Center for American Indian and Alaska Native Mental Health Research
Many great links, much more than just research. Training
resources and links to key projects.
- Native Elder Health Care Resource Center
Their gateway to more resources:
- Healthy Nations Initiative
Reducing substance abuse, a special project offering resources.
- Circles of Care Evaluation Technical Assistance Center (CoCETAC)
An innovative project related to the three projects above.
See also the General Family Health Web Tour at http://lone-eagles.com/webtour2.htm