Multi-cultural Resources and K-12 Project Sites
- Echoes in the Electronic Wind - A Native American Internet Guide
- Community Internet Empowerment Resources for Alaskan Natives and Native Americans http://lone-eagles.com/nativeresources.htm
- Alaskan Native and Native American Empowerment Guide
- Examples of Native American Web Innovations
- An Alaskan Village Bootstrap Academy
A grant template for a community Internet awareness raising program.
- Alaskan Native Youth Cultural Community-building
http://lone-eagles.com/bartsgrant.htm A grant template.
- Culture Club
http://lone-eagles.com/cultureclub.htm A youth-driven grant model.
- Native American/Alaskan/Hawaiian K12 Innovations Report and Clearinghouse
Native Cultural Resources and Curriculum
- Spanish Language Educational Resources
Resources from the U.S., Mexico, Central, and South America
- I*EARN International K12 Network
http://www.iearn.org/iearn The International Education and Resource Network enables young people to undertake projects designed to make a meaningful contribution to the health and welfare of the planet and its people. Home of the First Peoples Art Project!
- Aboriginal Youth Network
An exceptionally interesting site for Native American youth!
- Cradleboard Project
Link up with Native American classrooms so your kids can learn Native American history with authenticity!
- Explorers Trail Multicultural Curriculum
http://ernie.wmht.org/trail/explor02.htm Wonderful Resources!
- The 4Directions Project
"Internet Strategies for Empowering Indigenous Communities in Teaching and Learning" is funded by the Technology Literacy Challenge grant program from the U.S. Dept. of Education. One very interesting component is their work on "Developing Virtual Museums in Native American Schools" http://www.conexus.si.edu/VRTour
- Diversity University Collaboratory Listserv
From the Educational Cyber-Playground, a great place for newcomers to the Internet.
- Center for Multicultural Education
The Center for Multicultural Education at the University of Washington,
Seattle WA, focuses on research projects and activities designed to improve
practice related to equity issues, intergroup relations, and the achievement of
students of color.
- Center for Research on Education, Diversity and Excellence
The CREDE mission is to assist the nation's diverse students at risk of
educational failure to achieve academic excellence.
- Clearinghouse of Immigrant Education
A national organization sharing resources on English as a second language.
- Alaskan Cultural Curriculum
A significant collection, developed by the Alaska Native Knowledge
- Alaska Standards for Culturally Responsive Schools
Very unique standards applicable worldwide.
- National Association for Multicultural Education
A national organization offering conferences, listservs and resources on
- Teachers of English to Speakers of other languages
TESOL's mission is to develop the expertise of its members and others
involved in teaching English to speakers of other languages to help them
foster effective communication in diverse settings while respecting
individuals' language rights.
- Center for Digital Storytelling
http://www.storycenter.org/storyplace.html Must See!
And Other Digital Storytelling Sites
- Putumayo World Music Multicultural Curriculum
Putumayo publishes indigenous music from around the world.
- Cultural Resources for Educators
Unique Resource Collections for the K-12 classroom consisting of craft
objects, hundreds of images, related literature and background information.
Visit their new web tour of teachers' resources.
Cultural Survival Resources
- Cultural Survival Quarterly
See the online back issues for the Special Issue on
The Internet and Indigenous Groups
- Council on Spiritual Practices
Outstanding resources on spiritual practices and related issues.
- US Cultural Protection Legislation
- Indigenous peoples of Mexico, Central and South America!
http://www.nativeweb.org/abyayala Available in Spanish.
- American Studies Web on Race and Ethnicity
Comprehensive resources on many races.
Global Development Resource Organizations
- World Bank - WorLD
World links for development, opening a world of learning.
World Links for Development Program (WorLD)
- World Bank Internet Training Materials
- Global Knowledge
Partners in knowledge for development, improving lives, reducing
poverty, empowering people.
- Alliance for Global Learning
The Alliance for Global Learning is a strategic partnership
between Schools Online, World Links for Development (WorLD),
and the International Education and Resource Network (I*EARN)
- United Nations Development Program
Diverse resources for sustainable human development.
- Global Community Center
Welcome to our "global community center on the Internet", a
project of the non-profit Global Development Center. We operate
with a philosophy, "Service is the rent we pay for being. It is the
very purpose of life, and not something you do in your spare time."
Their mission is to help ensure that all schools have effective
access to the communication and information resources of the
Internet. The organization donates Internet equipment to schools
and facilitates teacher training and support. Since its founding in
1996, Schools Online has been a catalyst, helping more than 5,400
schools gain online access.
- International Institute for Communications and Development
The International Institute for Communication and Development
(IICD) assists developing countries to utilize the opportunities
offered by information and communication technologies (ICTs).
- Center for World Indigenous Studies
The Underlying Principle Guiding CWIS is: Access to knowledge
and peoples' ideas reduces the possibility of conflict and increases
the possibility of cooperation between peoples on the basis of
mutual consent. By democratizing relations between peoples,
between nations and states, the diversity of nations and their
cultures will continue to enrich the world. Sponsor for the Fourth
World Documentation project.
- Fourth World Documentation Project
A major global project providing Indigenous peoples' Information
for the Online Community.
- Global Development Gateway
Exceptional Indigenous peoples' resources.
- USAID Learnlink Project
Thirty-three countries involved in educational and community
networking, including indigenous peoples in South America and
elsewhere. The Academy for Educational Development is the prime
contractor. USAID LearnLink Project and Teachers' Resources
- Institute for Global Communications
Connecting People Who Are Changing the World. Host for many
global projects such as PeaceNet, Womensnet, Anti-RacismNet and
- Global Development Learning Network
The GDLN is a telecommunications network that connects distance
learning centers (DLC) in cities across the globe. * It harnesses the
latest learning tools -- interactive video, electronic classrooms,
satellite communications and the Internet - to help break down the